I’ve been studying all day and therefore offline since it’s the only way to get anything done. I logged in after lunch to catch up and check orders etc, and was shocked to read this news on The Scotsman feed.
FIREFIGHTERS are battling to save one of Scotland’s most important pieces of architecture.
Emergency crews were called at 12.25pm as a fire broke out in the basement of the Glasgow School of Art’s Mackintosh Building, believed to have been started after a projector ignited and set fire to a foam art installation.
At least six appliances were in attendance as flames and smoke shot through the roof several feet into the air and crews on a laddered platform blasted the flames with a water jet.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said crews were immediately dispatched from Cowcaddens, Yorkhill and Maryhill fire stations, and firefighters were on scene within four minutes, a spokesman said.
A post on Twitter from the School of Art said: “The Mackintosh building is on fire, all have been evacuated & we will post updates as we get them. Currently setting up an incident number.”