Hello everyone,

I spent the morning sorting out all these Harris Tweed scraps that I want to use to make some kind of patchwork… thing.  I mentioned this a few weeks ago, as my next project after I finish my stitching of the cat canvas.  I am technically at the end of the stitching but I keep extending it and I’m now trying to decide whether to extend it again or stop and finish it off.

Harris Tweed Scraps

I have two boxes full of various sized leftovers, so I thought I would sort them into separate colours and tweeds so I can better see what I have to work with and get a better idea of what I can do with it.

There’s a lot more than I thought!  I’m thinking I will have enough to make a big throw which would be really cosy for the winter.

I pulled out sample pieces of the tweeds that I have most of and tried various combinations to see which ones looked good together.  I’m not sure whether I want to plan the arrangement or just do it randomly and see what I get.

Kitties

I’ve been trying to get some good clear photos of Miss Lily as I want to make a painting of her. Black cats can be tricky to capture good photos of sometimes but the light was good.

She obliged by posing for the camera.

I was particularly trying to capture a good look at her eyes.  I’m probably going to use pastels so I wanted to get a good photo of the colours in her eyes.

Tea

When I was shopping last week, some of the shelves were quite bare again, and I was lucky to get the last box of the brand of decaf tea that I like!  I think there are still supply chain problems due to all the usual reasons here.

That’s it for today, short and sweet, now I need to get back to sorting out the Tweed!  Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredients
see above

T Stands forTweed scraps, kitty model and decaf tea

Blog Along with Effy – Day 21
Links to all the days of the September blog-along
Sept 1st – UFOs Tapestry Cushion and Harris Tweed TBD
Sept 2nd – Second on the Second – e-reader covers
Sept 3rd – There is no enjoyment like reading
Sept 4th –  A Day in the Garden and UFO update
Sept 5th – Begin the Beguine
Sept 6th – She Sells Seashells on the Seashore
Sept 7th – Vintage Children Doing Vintage Things
Sept 8th – WOYWW Desk, Garden, Kitties, Kitchen and Blog Along One Week In
Sept 9th – August Reading List
Sept 10th – Sorry Not Sorry
Sept 11th – A Peek Inside The Fabric Stash
Sept 12th – Garden Catch-Up, Bees, Cats, Cat Mint
Sept 13th – Happy Roald Dahl Day!
Sept 14th – T Stands for Banana Bread
Sept 15th – WOYWW Arts & Crafts Storage
Sept 16th – The Cat Sat on Andy Warhol’s Mat
Sept 17th – Needles and Ribbons and Packets of Pins
Sept 18th – A Woman’s Work is Never Done
Sept 19th – Talk Like A Pirate – The RRRs of Recycling
Sept 20th – She Is an old soul with a vintage heart
Sept 21st – this post

This month I decided to join in with Effy Wild’s blog-along – 30 posts in 30 days same as we did in April this year.  The idea is to blog every day if you can, but also to comment on other people’s blogs to keep the conversation going.  There is a facebook group where you can link your posts and find other people’s to go visit and comment.

You might also like . . .

27 thoughts on “T Stands For Tweed, Model Kitty, and Tea

1. Lisca Meijer says:

Your cat is gorgeous! What a pretty Miss Lily! Pretty as a picture as they say, and you are really going to paint a picture.
    I am impressed with the amount of tweed bits you have. Have you been sewing that much? Kathy in Ozarks has made a quilt of woolen scraps and also sweater I recall. She loves it and says it is very warm.
    Bare shelves? Oh no! That is bad news.
    I’m sorry to be late again, but as I’ve mentioned before, we are not home on a Tuesday and I can’t get to my computer.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

2. Sharon Madson says:

I love the kitty photos. I have to have real tea, not decaf, not green. LOL Your leftovers will make a lovely cozy quilt. Happy week!

3. Nancy Williams says:

Fun scraps and I love the idea of a warm quilt made with the tweed. I can’t wait to see your cat drawing!!! Such a beautiful kitty for sure. I have noticed the shelves are a bit thin at our stores too. The storms, COVID, shipping container issues, and general apathy have caused some serious supply chain issues. I feel like it is a good reset to our overly robust materialistic cravings – the direction and speed we were heading previously was a bit scary! Happy T-day, Elle – a bit late but here nonetheless.

Thanks Nancy. Yes there have been some problems here too with lack of drivers and delays at borders etc as well as covid etc. I hope I can do her justice when I start to paint her, black is always tricky.

Your Harris Tweed pieces are beautiful. I know you can buy Harris tweed jackets here, but not sure about the fabric. I bet you will have a nice warm blanket using them. And Miss Lily did let you take her photo. Black is a hard color to use because there are all kinds of subtle shadings, at least I’ve found. You are probably better using it than me. Hope you had a super T day Elle. Hugs-Erika

Thanks Erika! I am in the land of Harris Tweed so we have a big assortment here that probably doesn’t all get exported. You’re right in that it will be warm, so I need to get cracking before the weather changes. Black is a difficult colour for sure, I hope I have all the right colours to get it right.

5. C. J says:

Looks like a lot of fun petting the fabric scraps. Sounds like a really nice project now that the weather is turning cooler. Miss Lily looks so pretty. Ink didn’t like having his picture taken. He’d wait until the shutter clicked and he’d turn his head away. Glad you were able to get your blend of tea. Happy T Day

6. Kathyinozarks says:

I made a wool quilt last year and I really love it, I also used felted down old hand knitting sweaters that had memories attached. It’s very cozy on the couch Happy T kathy

7. Divers and Sundry says:

What a beautiful cat! and so cooperative to pose 🙂 I never drink decaffeinated drinks, but that description tempts me. I’ve been disappointed to see the supply problems getting worse. Bare shelves 🙁

Happy T Tuesday

I was impressed with those lovely tweeds. I think teu all work well together and the throw will be beautiful when you finish it.

Miss Lily is a beauty. I bet the painting will be awesome.

Sorry they were nearly out of tea. Here in the states, we have less shortages than before, but at least we have never had a lack of tea. So glad you got what you wanted, Thanks for sharing your tweed sorting, your kitty, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Elle.

Thanks Elizabeth! I hope they will all be in harmony when I start to put it together. But first the painting, or the stitching or or or… I’m trying to stick to one project at a time but that’s not really how I work lol

9. Jan s says:

Who knew that tweed had such bright and pretty colours, it always seems dark, I think it will make a cosy throw.
    im not a fan of cats but she does have a lovely face
    happy T Day
    jan

10. Valerie-Jael says:

Hi Elle! Have fun sorting your scraps, I need to do the same and can’t bring myself to start on it! Your Kitty is gorgeous, I love black cats. Glad you got your tea, not good when the shelves are bare like old Mother Hubbard’s cupboard! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Yes I was worried when I saw the empty shelves but happy to find one box at least. Lily appreciates your compliment 🙂 At least I have the tweed sorted so there’s no excuse to not get started…