Hello friends,

First of all here is my desk as it was yesterday since it still basically looks the same, complete with tea, flowers, my wooden desk calendar, a big jar of paint water and something I am working on is sitting on the cutting mat – not that it needs cutting but I like working on the mat.  Mr G is improving so I’m very happy about that and also being cautious and watching him for any signs of relapse.  They got a new cat drinking fountain at the weekend and it is installed in my studio upstairs – it was the only place it could go without having cables all over the floor or the potential of having water spilled all over the carpets.  I only just plugged it in and they both made a beeline for it so I think it was a good idea to get a second one for the upstairs.  Mr G needs to be drinking more water anyway so this is the perfect way to make sure he does. Since I now have to leave the door to that room open for access to the fountain, I had to do a lot of tidying up so it was safe to give them 24/7 access to that room!  So BIG SHOCKER my desk is tidy as is all other flat surfaces in that room.  I think they are a lot less interested in it now that the interesting piles of art and craft stuff are no longer on the floor lol.

what’s on my desk . . .

halloweentown mail art . . .

Last Wednesday I showed you my Halloweentown journal page and postcards that I made to post out for World Post Day  Once they were all written out and ready to post, I thought I would do something special with the envelopes too, so some mail art happened…  (I’d already addressed them so I had to hide the addresses for the photo.)  How strange that although the cards were a standard weight, they had no standard stamps for that weight and so three stamps were required to make up the £1.70 for overseas!

today’s journal page . . .

Today’s journal page is another fabric page using Halloween fabric from my stash. It started out looking like this…

I didn’t do very much to the fabric, though it does consist of several different bands of fabric lined up and glued down to make one panel as I didn’t like them in the order they were printed on the fabric.  Then I painted the background with green Neocolor IIs, added the Halloween poem and then did some white outlining of the hats, cats and legs to make them stand out a bit better from the background. (Why yes, that is a pumpkin spice candle on the left, I made it myself.  I find the scent is intoxicating even when it’s not lit)

halloweentown postcards video . . .

I’ve been playing around with some animation and made a short video (22 seconds) featuring the Halloweentown postcards that I will share with the recipients once I know they have received their cards.
They won’t be reading this so it’s safe to post 🙂

since last week. . .

I have several pages still in the works, plus working on more postcards + mail art envelopes, some Life Book taster session classes and seven finished pages.  Here’s a look at everything I’ve finished since last Wednesday’s post…

Don’t stray from the path

art journal page, with spooky carnivorous trees

The heart dies a slow death…

art journal page, image transfer and maple leaves from the garden

Hush the gentlemen are coming

interactive art journal page, recycled Schuh paper bag, *and video*

A strange thing happened in the dead of night

art journal page using Halloween fabric

Upon that night when fairies light

art journal page, Burns Halloween poem, fabric

Scaredy Cats and Eerie Bats

art journal page, fabric

Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredients
my handmade journal, watercolour paper, paint pens, neocolor II’s, black pen, white pen, fabric, gel medium,

Art Journal Journey The Colours of October – October Challenge – my colours are green and black and purple and orange – typical Halloween colours!

LeighSBDesigns – 31 Days of Halloween Hop+Challenge 2021 – Day 13

WOYWW – #645 – What’s on my desk (I’m number #6 in the linkup!)  Happy WOYWW!

You might also like . . .

33 thoughts on “When Witches Go Riding And Black Cats Are Seen, WOYWW, Mail Art, Animation

1. Nancy Williams says:

Elle,

Great art – love it all. Fun envelopes even! You have been busy and you are so rocking Halloween. I feel so inspired and I am going to definitely do a Halloween page this weekend. I feel I need to jazz up my envelopes too.

Glad your kitties got another water fountain and that it inspired you to tidy up. I need to tidy up bad! Wish I could say you inspired me with that but it is my least favorite thing to do….lol.

Have a great rest of the week and so sorry I am commenting so late – I am behind more than usual this month.

2. Shoshi says:

I’m glad to hear that Mr. G is feeling better, Elle. The water fountain sounds a good idea. We always put water down for the kitties but they never drink it! I think if we bought a water fountain, it would be the same as with the kitty beds – they wouldn’t use it. Very contrary, they are. I’m not into Halloween but I like your colours.

Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #15

Thanks Shoshi, make sure you don’t put the water near the food, they don’t tend to like that much. I have the water options on a different floor just to make sure, and they drink from them every day. Mr G is especially enjoying the new fountain.

3. Mary Anne says:

Wow. Some truly fabulous stuff here. The envelopes are wonderful and I love every one of the Halloween bits of art. The animation was great (is that music from TNBC?) and off all of it I might like the Jack cards the best of all.

Happy WOYWW, back online 🙂
    Mary Anne (1)
    (I think I missed you last week – sorry, it’s been a bit mad around here :))

4. Meggymay says:

A fantastic fabric Halloween page Elle and a wonderful selection of cards you shared with us as well. Thank you for linking with the theme at AJJ and for the inspiration you shared.
    Yvonne x

5. Sarah Brennan says:

Wow, Elle you have been busy. Good to hear that Mr G is on the mend and also felt well enough to pop up in your fantastic video lol. Loving the envelopes – what a joy to get one of those through the letterbox. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

I think those envelopes are equally as clever as the ATCs you created. They are both great.. Of course, I really, really loved the journal page. What a fun and clever way to share your Halloween inspired fabric in journal form. Thanks for sharing yet another great entry at Art Journal Journey using Tracey’s theme, dear Elle.

7. Nan says:

Wowzer!!! I love your mail art envelopes and contents!! The animation in the video is super terrific, too! So much to love in your post I am at a loss for words which everyone who knows me will tell you that doesn’t happen often!! 🙂 Your journal page is another stunner with all those lovely fabric strips! Oh, and I love pumpkin spice everything….coffee, candles! I can only imagine what homemade goodness your candle holds!

8. Spyder says:

oh my goodness! I LOVE the Art work on all your envelopes and ATC’s and everything else. I’ll watch the video as soon as I’ve typed this out. I really MUst do some Halloween things! I have loads of ideas in my head, but can’t p ost that… (my head, that is) so I’ll have to crack on and stop thinking, just do! Fun Fun Fun!Happy WOYWW? Keep Crafting! Stay Safe. ((Lyn))#18

9. Lynne says:

That animation was great fun, Elle! I loved your cats on the cards and envelopes as well.
    So glad Mr. G is a bit better.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs,Lynnecrafts 10

10. Angela Radford says:

Loving all of this. The envelopes are so much fun. I will pop back later to watch the video though. Pretty flowers too. Wishing you a lovely creative woyww with hugs, Angela x13x

11. LLJ says:

That video is awesome – clever you! I love all the Halloween/autumn crafting you’ve been doing, especially the ATCs, I have a soft spot for Sally. I’m really glad that Mr G is feeling better, long may that continue.
    HUgs LLJ 5 xx

Glad Mr. G is doing better and the fountain is working. What we do for our fur babies. (for example-My dogs are pretty spoiled with 1 going to doggie daycare 2 days a week, even now with me retired so she can see her dog friends.) I am also loving all the art too. Thanks for sharing this latest fun page with us at AJJ. I hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

13. Angela says:

Great ATC’s and journal pages. Love the black cat looking up at the happy couple. Is he a stamp?
    Glad Mr G is feeling better, it is always a worry when they are poorly. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

14. Neet Hickson says:

Oh WOW! I am impressed with your animation video. That is so clever and sol good to watch (I played it twice and might do another yet).
    The decorated envelopes are fabulous – I am sure the recipients will love them almost as much as what is inside – well equally!
    You have been very productive this week and there’s a lot of lovely things to see but the main thing is to hear that Mr G is improving. I am so happy for you and hope it continues that way.

Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Thanks Neet, yes me too, he was beginning to worry me quite a lot! Thanks for your comment about the video, I was just mucking around and seeing what I could make work and also not to make it too long lol. Hoping the envelopes hold up in the mail, they are all acrylic paint so I’m hoping they survive. I’ll know soon as one of them is local and should be there by the weekend.

15. Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith says:

I didn’t know Mr G was poorly, glad to hear he’s better now. Our cat very rarely drinks, so I make sure I give him food with lots of gravy. He never touches his water next to his food – he sometimes gets a drink in the bathroom in a little cup that’s always there for him. We got him a cat fountain a few year ago but didn’t seem very interested in it after the initial novelty wore off. I might get it going again, just in case he’s changed his mind! Cool video and Halloween designs! Happy #645! xx zsuzsa #17

Thanks Zsuza, yes for two weeks he’s not been well, but seems to be improving now. Try putting the cat fountain away from the food as they tend to not like the water need the food, weird I know. Mine have their water in the bathroom, plus the new upstairs fountain, and their food downstairs.

16. Ali Wade says:

Happy WOYWW. Perhaps I have been sleeping under a rock somewhere, but I don’t think I have seen you on WOYWW before? I love your blog already and will have a good read another time. So much creativity to show us. I am not doing any Halloween crafting so far (have lost my mojo for swaps and challenges), but just been given a cute Halloween guinea pig drawing and will incorporate that into something in the coming weeks. Ali x #14

17. Diana Taylor says:

Your desk looks such a welcoming and attractive place to craft – I love the fresh flowers. Your Halloween pages are fabulous – I love the orange one with the bat and owl, it has a real spooky feel!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #7