Hello friends,

Here’s how my desk currently looks as I pulled all the boxes off the Expedit and dumped them on the desk to take the photos!

I thought I would show you the organisation inside the boxes I got from the tip.  As I mentioned in the last post about organisation and storage, I keep the stamp and die sets arranged by brand, in the original packaging but then inside the Avery Elle plastic sleeves – this is helpful when the packaging is not up to snuff and I don’t want anything falling out.

I write the SKU/product number and the name on each and then I file them in number order.  There are gaps of course since I don’t blanket-buy everything. In fact I haven’t bought any stamps for ages, and I haven’t bought any clear stamps for a few years now!  If I could return them all for a refund, I probably would – ooh just think of all that money!  All that space! LOL  Anyway, if the stamps happen to have a matching die, then they get stored in the same plastic sleeve, otherwise they get their own sleeve.  I do this for all stamps and dies except for the Sizzix dies, but I will talk about those another day.

I think I have more than enough to be going on with lol.  I don’t really think there is anything new now anyway, just variations on what has already been done.

On that note, I was very disappointed with Stamptember this year.  I was only really planning on buying the Tim Holtz exclusive collaboration set and waited with anticipation to see what it was going to be – they don’t tell you in advance.  Then on the day he did a YT live about it and it was disappointingly another Christmas set, that just looked like something that had been done before – Santa in a sleigh, some wintery trees, Christmas sentiments etc – so after all that anticipation I was disappointed.  Of course it sold out in a couple of hours so I guess plenty of people were not disappointed lol.  I just don’t see the point in spending $39.99 + shipping on something that is very similar to what’s already out there, or something I already have and I don’t need.  Last year’s was great as it was an exclusive set of Snarky Cat stamps, so that was worth having IMO.

As for kitty storage, I am still storing Miss Lily in this lovely turquoise Drona box that really belong inside the Expedit but has been commandeered as a new cosy bed!

Since last week . . .

It’s been quite a slow week considering how things have been in previous weeks, but I have been dealing with some offline issues so not so much time for creating/making/blogging this week, sadly. 🙁

Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredients
contents of my stamp storage 🙂

WOYWW – #646 – What’s on my desk (I’m number #11 in the linkup!)  Happy WOYWW!

You might also like . . .

Notify of
guest

Thanks for visiting today! Drop in again or if you like, you can also follow me on Instagram or Follow

HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE COMMENT BOX? HERE IT IS, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ABOVE

12 Awesome Comments (btw comment moderation is on)
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Shoshi
October 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Thanks for your return visit, Elle, and absolutely no need to apologise – I only consider comments to be late after the launch of the next WOYWW! Any comments are always welcome, whatever day they arrive. I’m so glad you like all my butterflies and the cards I made. You may be right about the stamps. I always change the lid around for clear/rubber. I’m getting much better results now, with a different method of applying ink to the stamp, and with the fun foam mat in place. Glad you enjoyed the kitty pics too – Ruby does win the Cuteness Overload Award at times!!

Shoshi x #9

Susan Renshaw
Susan Renshaw
October 21, 2021 9:37 am

Very impressed with the storage!
I am enjoying your Halloween journal pages!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #5

Mary Anne
October 21, 2021 8:28 am

It’s a bit like a long running TV series – they can’t help but repeat themselves as every plot point (stamp set) has been done to death. Ah well, Glad you saved your money for something you will like better. Love your organization bits and those cards (esp. Gazing at the Moon!) are super cute!

Shoshi
October 21, 2021 12:23 am

Well done with the organisation and storage, Elle. Those Avery Elle pouches are brilliant, aren’t they. I’ve just had my third pack of them delivered from Amazon! I was searching high and low this evening for a stamp set I wanted and knew I had – my stamps are still in a state of disarray as I’ve barely scratched the surface with their organisation so far – too many other things to do in between! I love the cat storage!

Happy WOYWW from Shoshi and our 2 little ladies who send purrs and meows to you and yours.

Shoshi x #9

Angela Radford
October 20, 2021 8:16 pm

I guess there are new stampers arriving all the time that might not have the Christmas stamps and dies but it is disappointing when you are waiting for something new to arrive. It amazes me that they keep coming up with new stuff. Very impressed with your organisation of the stamps and dies. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. hugs, Angela x12x

Helen Lindfield
October 20, 2021 7:22 pm

I never look at Stamptember but i did notice how fast Tim’s stuff sold out – and that it was very “samey” Hope you have a better week Helen #1

Sarah Brennan
October 20, 2021 5:01 pm

Ooh I have that Altenew coffee set as well Elle. I know what you mean about not getting stuff that’s similar to what’s been done before though. I do like the snarky cats but only have the original set and dies. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Neet Hickson
October 20, 2021 4:13 pm

I take it Miss Lily is feeling better now?
Thank you for the storage solutions, a bit late iln the day for me to look at organising something new but my system is very similar to yours. I also have a list on a database of what I have – handy when visiting shows so you don’t buy the same again -not that I expect to visit many shows iln the future. Like you I have enough – but the buying bug does get to me via the internet.
Had exactly the same conversation with my bff this morning about stamps being resurrections of old ones therefore not worth bothering with.
Have a good week Elle
Hugs, Neet xx

Angela
Angela
October 20, 2021 2:32 pm

You are very well organized. Love the photograph of Miss Lily peeking over the box. Have a great week. Angela #10

Julia
October 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Not Stamptemner particularly, it I do understand your disappointment, I think the TH stuff in particular in terms of new releases are starting to look a little generic. There is only so much on can do with Christmas isn’t there. Makes a lot of sense to store matching dies and stamps together. I don’t think I own more than two sets that fall in that category, so for now, phew, I won’t be considering another change!!

Would love your thoughts, please join in the conversationx
x