Hello Friends and Happy Tuesday!

Hope you are having a great day that turns into a great week!  Last week I saw Deb’s sheep post and I mentioned to Kathy that it reminded me of Cow Parade from some years ago.  I visited one of the installations in Australia and even bought some souvenirs – a Moonet (Monet) and a Van Cogh (Van Gogh) – yes cheesy but true since the one on the left is inspired by Monet and the one on the right by Van Gogh haha.

Have you been watching the free classes on the Virtual Art Summit this month?  I mention it because it has another couple of weeks left to run on the 30 days free access so if you wanted to watch some classes here’s the link.  I really love the interviews with the artists, that’s my favourite part of all of these type of things, same with Sketchbook Revival which I still haven’t completed lol.  Things have been so busy at home but why not watch more free classes that I don’t have time to do!  I am also supposed to be in Wanderlust again this year but haven’t done a single lesson due to lack of time – I don’t even have time to read the weekly emails never mind watch the lessons, never mind do the actual work…… glad there’s not an expiry date on those! But anyway, more free art classes to watch if you have the time, so check out the VAS link above.

today’s art . . .

Today’s art, is a catch-up for the 100 day project, something that is supposed to be done daily and shared online/Instagram daily, but since I have no time, I have been doing my own thing and not sharing it anywhere.  I’ve been taking my time, and doing it when I had a spare minute and trying not to feel pressured and just trying to enjoy the process of making.  It was either that or not do it at all this year.  So here’s a look at some of them…
This is days 1-32 only because 32 ATCs just happened to fit on this wooden board.  We are at day 90 or so and I do have all 90 done so I will show the next batch in my next post, or all 100 of them on the 100th day, not sure yet.  Each one has a different Harris Tweed background, then some stitching, some added fibres and then words from a Robert Louis Stevenson poem.  Each one of them is attached to a kraft cardboard base courtesy of Amazon packaging, which I showed last week – 4 x amazon boxes = 110 ATCs.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Empire of the Cat (@empireofthecat)

I added a video on instagram which you can watch above without logging in if you want to, it’s very short.  In it you will see all 100 Harris Tweed backgrounds at the start of the project.  As I was working on them, I kept them all in this little box which was just the right size to hold all 100 together.

t stands for  . . .

Earl Grey tea in my glass teapot, sourdough starter pancakes and fruit.  I was topping up my sourdough starter last week and so we had pancakes nearly every morning with the discard.  My sourdough loaves below could be any size and look a little like bread rolls but you can see the bag of flour behind them to give you an idea of scale.

My sourdough bread before…

and after baking!  I used a blend of wholemeal, white and malted flour which is my favourite combination and makes very tasty bread.

Happy T Day!   As always, thanks for reading, and have a great week!

Ingredients
Harris Tweed, other yarns, assorted fibres, tartan,

Altered Book Lover – T Stands for

You might also like these posts . . .

23 thoughts on “T Stands For Moonet, 100 Day Catch-up and Sourdough Pancakes

1. pearshapedchris says:

Thanks for guiding me towards more free classes, though like you I signed up for Wanderlust classes. This year we are picking and choosing, not enjoying them as much as last years. Your ATCs look brilliant in every way. Sour dough pancakes – yum, and your bread looks amazing. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

WOW, i had not heard of those classes. I am delighted you shared them, but I may not have time before they are pulled. I signed up for other classes this spring and never got to view a single one before they were gone. I DO want to see the Laly lesson, though.

LOVED the cows. Clever whoever came up with the concept.

Your earl gray tea sounds good. I haven’t had it in years. And your bread looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing it, your incredible ATCs made of Harris tweed, the cows, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Elle. And thanks again for the gift you sent.

Oh, your sourdough loaves look so rustic and artesian. That flour blend sounds delicious. So far I have only made sourdough with all purpose flour. I love using the discard for all sorts of baked goods.
    Thanks for the link to the free classes. Yes, a lack of time seems to be a common problem more so than lack of free content. I save a lot of free classes and then forget about them. Between those and Youtube I don’t need to ever pay for a class, at least at the moment.
    Your 100 day project is amazing! I love all the different tweeds and stitching. I am looking forward to seeing all 100.

4. C J says:

I never realized Harris tweed came in bright colors. I always thought it was in shades of brown, grey, dark blue and used for mens wear. The ATCs are so wonderful and colorful. Awesome looking sourdough bread. I’m having an afternoon cuppa and thinking how nice a sourdough piece of toast would be to go along. ?Happy T Day

5. mae says:

I love all those animal projects that have been installed in so many cities worldwide, starting with cows in Chicago and moving on from there. I make sourdough discard pancakes often too — sometimes sweet, sometimes savory. And love sourdough bread, which my husband bakes.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

6. deb says:

The bread and the pancakes look devine Elle! And what a unique twist on making and ATC! And you will have 100!! Will you trade them or what is your plans for them? I haven’t made an ATC in a long time.. I like to do PostCards.. a little bit bigger size to work with.. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

7. Jo - Let's Art Journal says:

Oh my, you are lady of many talents! How awesome are those ATCs and that bread looks so delicious ?. I’d happily join you for pancakes too, sourdough anything happens to be my favourite – we’ve been enjoying sourdough crumpets of late! I hope you are keeping well and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

8. Divers and Sundry says:

I get so excited seeing your ATCs! That’s the only kind of art I’ve done as an adult that wasn’t for my kids when they were little lol Earl Grey tea is my husbands favorite. Happy T Tuesday

9. Kathy says:

Great post Elle, I love your cows-that would have been fun to visit to see all the cows. Loving all of your atc’s what will you do with them? Love your Harris Tweeds! I have always loved wool
    Your sourdough looks delicious! Happy T

Ha ha- I love Moonet and Van Cogh. They are fun. Your Harris Tweed pieces are amazing. The stitching is a perfect amount of detail. And your bread looks amazing also. Thanks for the reminder I need to feed my sourdough today. Smile. And I signed up for Creative Jumpstart , did a few classes, and then ran out of time to go back. I love taking classes but why do I do it when I am so busy and it is so easy to ignore an online class? Just saying that as I can relate to your situation. Hope you have a happy T day and week. hugs-Erika

Thanks Erika, yes I guess that’s it – so easy to ignore it as I am ignoring the weekly emails from Wanderlust for sure. I know I have no time so there’s no point in looking at the emails at the moment and making myself feel more stressed about it. My starter is currently in the fridge till the weekend when I might make more after we have finished the current loaves.