Here’s my entry for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for May #AltenewChallenge – all at the last minute and down to the wire lol.
Here is the Inspiration challenge photo and I loved it straight away as I think it has a coneflower / echinacea on it and I love those flowers.
The Challenge Rules (from the website) are as follows:
Make a card, a tag, a layout or any other project based on the inspiration photo above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used.
- Make sure to use our challenge image above in your blog post.
- Include a link back to the ALTENEW INSPIRATION CHALLENGE POST.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog.
- You may enter as many times as you wish!
- Challenge ends on May 31, 2019, at 11:55 PM EDT.
After the challenge ends, FOUR WINNERS will be selected. Each will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com.
Anyway with everything that’s going on at the moment, I only had time to make one card for the challenge, and I only just finished that at 7.30pm on the final day (today!). How strange things are sometimes as I actually made the background for this card two weeks ago and have been thinking about what to do with it ever since. I actually made about six backgrounds inspired by the challenge image and then had no time to go any further with any of them until uh-oh suddenly it’s May 31st and I have no card made!
So out of the backgrounds I made (some were watercoloured and others used this Altenew stencil) I chose this one and I toyed with using the Sweetest Peas stamps as I had a couple of them stamped out already but in the end, and for expediency, I ended up using this stamped and fussy cut Beautiful Day flower and leaves (I still had some!) Then I decided to stamp it on the actual card and use the inlaid die /eclipse technique to say “happy day” on the card in a kind of mirror image. I have a friend whose birthday is tomorrow and I haven’t yet made her card, so it could end up being this one! We’ll see…
I also get to sport this neat little badge!
Beautiful Day Stamp Set – Altenew
Deco Wallpaper Stencil- Altenew
Bold Alphabet diet – Altenew
Ink Cubes – Altenew
Watercolor 36 pan set – Altenew
Hot press watercolour paper
Neenah 110lb solar white cardstock
Nuvo Drops – black
Wink of stella
Memento Tuxedo Black marker
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Loves travel • nature • books • Art Journalling •
Maker of cards, drinker of tea, hoarder of craft supplies.Love paper, ink, paint, colour and shiny things and mixing my mediums. Minimalism was never my thing!
Let's make all the things!
Latest posts by Empire of the Cat (see all)
- #Party – Gee That Sounds Swell Birthday Card – Mixed Media Masculine Card - August 17, 2019
- Tiny Funky Floral Houses – Birthday Gift Idea Using Tim Holtz Tiny Houses Bigz Die - August 17, 2019
- Watercolour Stamped Mixed Media Notecards – Gift Ideas - August 17, 2019