Here’s my entry for the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for May #AltenewChallenge – all at the last minute and down to the wire lol.
Here is the Inspiration challenge photo and I loved it straight away as I think it has a coneflower / echinacea on it and I love those flowers.
The Challenge Rules (from the website) are as follows:
Make a card, a tag, a layout or any other project based on the inspiration photo above. You may use either the colors, the composition, the elements, the texture or any combination to create your project.
- Altenew products should be the focus, but other companies’ products can be used.
- Make sure to use our challenge image above in your blog post.
- Include a link back to the ALTENEW INSPIRATION CHALLENGE POST.
- When uploading your project, make sure you link your entry post, not your entire blog.
- You may enter as many times as you wish!
- Challenge ends on May 31, 2019, at 11:55 PM EDT.
After the challenge ends, FOUR WINNERS will be selected. Each will receive a $30 gift certificate to spend at www.altenew.com.
Anyway with everything that’s going on at the moment, I only had time to make one card for the challenge, and I only just finished that at 7.30pm on the final day (today!). How strange things are sometimes as I actually made the background for this card two weeks ago and have been thinking about what to do with it ever since. I actually made about six backgrounds inspired by the challenge image and then had no time to go any further with any of them until uh-oh suddenly it’s May 31st and I have no card made!
So out of the backgrounds I made (some were watercoloured and others used this Altenew stencil) I chose this one and I toyed with using the Sweetest Peas stamps as I had a couple of them stamped out already but in the end, and for expediency, I ended up using this stamped and fussy cut Beautiful Day flower and leaves (I still had some!) Then I decided to stamp it on the actual card and use the inlaid die /eclipse technique to say “happy day” on the card in a kind of mirror image. I have a friend whose birthday is tomorrow and I haven’t yet made her card, so it could end up being this one! We’ll see…
I also get to sport this neat little badge!
Beautiful Day Stamp Set – Altenew
Deco Wallpaper Stencil- Altenew
Bold Alphabet diet – Altenew
Ink Cubes – Altenew
Watercolor 36 pan set – Altenew
Hot press watercolour paper
Neenah 110lb solar white cardstock
Nuvo Drops – black
Wink of stella
Memento Tuxedo Black marker
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- And That’s A Wrap – March 2020 - March 31, 2020
- The Inventor’s Club – Mixed Media Steampunk AJ Page - March 31, 2020
- Curiosity Cat Haiku – Art Journal Page - March 31, 2020