So this is something that I’ve really wanted to fix for some time but had pretty much given up on.
This was received broken in the mail and despite both the sender and the receiver trying to claim compensation, it was never forthcoming. It is a framed plaque of Edinburgh Castle that is supposed to hang on the wall but due to the damage, it never has. I did try to glue it back together but the damage was still very obvious.
Here’s a photo of the back to show exactly where it was broken and in how many places. I recently found it again when I was cleared out a shed and wondered if I could do something with it to make it usable and perhaps change the appearance completely – ie stop trying to make it look as it was, and look at it in a new way.
So I started by completely covering the sky area with texture paste.
Then when it was dry, I lightly sanded it back to make it smooth.
***This is a WIP (work in progress) post which I will update until it is finished, then it will become a finished post and the WIP status will be removed.
SUPPLIES USED FYI:
Loves travel • nature • books • Art Journalling •
Maker of cards, drinker of tea, hoarder of craft supplies.Love paper, ink, paint, colour and shiny things and mixing my mediums. Minimalism was never my thing!
Let's make all the things!