Happy National Cat Day! Another opportunity to celebrate the beautiful cats in your life regardless of where you live! Here are more of my favourite kitty photos…
and below is more information about this day from the National Day Calendar website
NATIONAL CAT DAY
National Cat Day on October 29th is the purrfect day to give extra attention to your feline friends.
Cats make excellent companions. They rarely miss you, but when they do, you sure know it. Awareness days such as this one urge pet lovers to adopt from a local shelter. The day also reminds us that neutering and spaying our furry companions helps reduce the abandoned population.
Shelters are full of cats and kittens in need of forever homes. These feline fur babies come with as many personalities as they do colors and coats. They curl into our hearts and will just as quickly remind us they decide who they love. Whether they were born in the shelter, surrendered or abandoned, 3.4 million find their way to a shelter.
When considering the adoption of a furbaby, take your time. Each shelter animal will touch your heart, so be sure to find a life-long love.
- Consider your lifestyle. Will you have time for an active kitten or will an adult cat be more to your pace?
- Make multiple visits before making a choice. Sometimes, the purrfect cat will choose you.
- Spend one-on-one time with the cat so you have some bonding meowments and her true personality comes through.
- Do other members of your fur family need to be considered? If so, be sure to introduce them to be sure their personalities mesh.
- When you bring your new family member home, have a space ready for him to decompress and adjust to his new abode. Don’t be surprised if he hides at first. This is normal cat behavior.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCatDay
Pay particular attention to your cat today. Adopt a new cat. Use #NationalCatDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL CAT DAY HISTORY
This day was created by Pet Lifestyle Expert and Animal Welfare Advocate, Colleen Paige, in 2005. Since its inception, it has helped save the lives of more than one million cats.
Loves travel • nature • books • Art Journalling •
Maker of cards, drinker of tea, hoarder of craft supplies.Love paper, ink, paint, colour and shiny things and mixing my mediums. Minimalism was never my thing!
Latest posts by Empire of the Cat (see all)
- Book of Spells Art Journal Cover – Upcycle An Old Unused Diary - November 14, 2019
- Time to Write the Next Chapter – Mixed Media Card for Coffee Loving Writers - November 8, 2019
- Always Listen to the Voices in Your Head – Mixed Media Card for Coffee Lovers with Writer’s Block - November 8, 2019