It’s time to make another round of Spring inspired cards for some crafty friends. I am really loving these recent purchases that I picked up last week, and feel very inspired by them and decided to do some experiments to see how they look and take it from there. I bought some new dies from Altenew – Mega Hello, Layered Plaid Cover Die, Spring Shower Cover Die and Watercolor Stripes Cover Die. I used these and also some others from my stash – Strength Blooms stamps and dies, Caps Bold Alphabet dies, Scripty Hello die, and Folksy Florals stamp. I really didn’t have a clear plan as so often happens around here lol but I just like to play with the materials and see what I end up liking.
I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp the layers otherwise I’m sure I would make a mess of it lol
So I first stamped some Strength Blooms in various Altenew inks and they look really pretty, especially the teal ones.
Then I die cut hugs using the Caps Bold Alphabet dies and I had this idea to use the Strength Blooms with it somehow.
I popped the Strength Blooms stamping behind the Hugs cut out but I wasn’t sure I was happy with hiding so much of the flowers. I did think about die cutting them and placing them on the outside or peeking over the edges but in the end…
I liked them better on the bright background made by the Watercolor Stripes Cover Die, so I thought that was the direction I was heading in, hmmmm…
Then I tried the Mega Hello foam diecut over the stripes, which were cut from a Distress Oxide background I had in my stash but I still wasn’t sure.
I also tried it in front of the leftover pieces from the cover die but still not quite happy.
I left all that alone for a while and die cut the Spring Showers Cover Die instead – this is just so pretty and intricate. Apart from the cover die piece which you can just stick directly onto your card, you obviously get all the little flower and leaf cutouts too, so it would be really nice to be able to inset them back into the spaces, after they were coloured in some way, perhaps with Copies or pencils, or cut one cover die in the white and another in another Distress Oxide blended background and inset the pieces in the opposite covers.
Anyway, in the end I decided to cut the Mega Hello die out of the Distress Oxide background and place it on top of the glued on cover die piece on a white card base. I did inset one of the bigger flowers just to balance out the big hello.
I then used the white foam Hello and inset it into the Distress Oxide background from which I had diecut the above Hello. Two cards down, one to go!
And back to the Watercolor Stripes background! Decided to cut out these cute little succulents and pots from more Distress Oxide backgrounds and glue them on top of the cover die background, again on some white card, and then I used the Scripty Hello die from Lawn Foam and used it to cut out on white craft foam.
And here we have the three finished cards! Never did use the Hugs card or the Strength Blooms flowers but that’s ok because I will add them to my stash and they will get used soon.
Just quickly stamped the envelopes using the Folksy Florals stamps and some Versafine Clair inks.
Supplies used FYI:
Mega Hello Die – Altenew
Spring Shower Cover Die – Altenew
Watercolor Stripes Cover Die – Altenew
Strength Blooms Stamp and Die – Altenew
Folksy Florals Stamp – Altenew
Bold Alphabet Dies – Altenew
Scripty Hello – Lawn Fawn
Altenew Ink Cubes
Versafine Clair Ink
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Distress Oxide backgrounds from stash
Dark Navy card from stash
Sizzix Succulent Dies
A4 White 250gsm cardstock
5 x 7 Kraft envelopes
Double Sided Adhesive