Hello friends!

Happy Tuesday!  Hope your Tuesday is going well. Its been a funny week, quiet, somber, and exhausting somehow.  I feel like I have narcolepsy as I can’t seem to stop nodding off on the sofa.  I got a few things done at the weekend but the main jobs that need doing outside have not been done because the weather is not co-operating, it rained all weekend.  It has also turned a bit colder, I can feel a chill in the air.  I’m not ready for cold weather, we hardly had any warm weather this summer.  I will be Guest Designing over on the Funkie Junkie blog this week after winning their Chillin’ in the heat challenge a few weeks ago.  I was also lucky enough to be chosen as top five on  TIOT for my sunflower page, and top three on Creative Artiste challenge #85 for my number page.  They do say things come in threes right?  Also, I finished the trilogy I was reading, I really enjoyed it, lots of Russian fairytales incorporated into the story.

Currently Reading . . .

The Girl in the Tower

The third book in this Winternight trilogy.

A magical and captivating coming of age novel set in medieval Russia – perfect for fans of Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus and Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials.

One girl can make a difference…

Moscow is in flames, leaving its people searching for answers – and someone to blame. Vasilisa, a girl with extraordinary gifts, must flee for her life, pursued by those who blame their misfortune on her magic.

Then a vengeful demon returns, stronger than ever. Determined to engulf the world in chaos, he finds allies among men and spirits. Mankind and magical creatures alike find their fates resting on Vasya’s shoulders.

But she may not be able to save them all.

Today’s Art . . .

Today’s art is something I made for the current challenge over on Tag Tuesday where the theme is Roses.

I had been painting something else and had some leftover paint and was wondering what to do with it and then remembered the current theme was roses and it worked out perfectly.

My tags are made from amazon box cardboard as usual, and then on top, I painted a background using green acrylics. Once that was dry, I painted the roses and leaves on top.

With the little bit of leftover paint I also painted these old fridge magnets.  They were old conference freebies, magnetic clips, I didn’t use them much because they had advertising stuff on the front, so I painted over them and now I will use them more.

T Stands For . . . Favourite Mug and French Press

I remembered to snap this photo in the middle of tall the painting.  I stopped to have some coffee (decaf) and remembered to wipe the paint off my hands before picking up the camera or my mug!

Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!

Altered Book Lover – T Stands for
Tag TuesdayRoses

Thanks for visiting today. Your comment is really appreciated.

34 thoughts on “T Stands For Rose Tags, Favourite Mug and French Press Decaf

1. Carola Bartz says:

Your rose tags are very beautiful, a great idea to use leftover paint in a very creative way. I had never thought of using Amazon boxes – I should do that. I’m all for recycling. I’m a fan of your cat mug. Happy T day.

2. Valerie-Jael says:

Hi Elle! Your rose tags are out of this world, love them to bits! Thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! The fridge magnets are gorgeous, too. I sometimes forget to wipe my fingers, my smart phone now has a green finger print on it, so annoying! Hapy T Day, take care, hugs, Valerie

lol I had to laugh about your phone, that is the kind of thing that I am trying to avoid, mostly I end up wearing the paint though. Thanks so much for your lovely comments about my tags, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

3. deb says:

I love painting over magnetic stuff… At the end of a Holiday season you can pick up some magnetic stuff for a song and paint over it. LOVE your roses! I’am currently reading Amazonia by James Rollins.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Everything is definitely coming up roses in your world. Really beautiful tags, but those magnets are to DIE for. Just amazing.

You have more discipline than I. My mug I use when I’m making art has paint all over it and so does my old camera. So far this new camera is paint free, but I’ve only had it less than 2 weeks.

I still love that mug. I can see why it’s a favorite. Thanks for sharing your amazing tags, magnets, and decaff with is for T this Tuesday, dear Elle.

Thanks Elizabeth, I was on the verge of chucking the magnets, because handy as they are being clip magnets, I didn’t want to display some corporate logos on them, so I’m glad I upcycled them so now I can use them. I wish I had bought two of those mugs as they are no longer available and I worry about breaking this one. I really do love it and it’s huge! So it holds a lot.

5. Nancy says:

Gorgeous roses on those tags, Elle. You are so talented. and the colors are beautiful! Congrats on the recent wins too.

The book sounds really good and very interesting.

Love your french press. Hope you get a bit more warm days.

Happy T-day and hugz.

6. mae says:

Painting over old magnets is a neat idea. I have a huge number of magnets but only display a few at any one time. It’s easy to get them in vast numbers!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com