Hello friends, and Happy October!

I’m back with my second post for today!  A rare occurrence usually but I have a feeling this month might be one of those months, we’ll just see what happens.  So far this week, I have been at the vet three times, and I am exhausted and stressed and still waiting for test results.  Mr G seems less stressed now he is home, he definitely does not like visiting the V E T, and I have the injuries to prove it!  So to help destress, I did some journalling this afternoon and here is the result…

Yes, it’s another fabric page, but are you really surprised that I have a stash of Halloween fabrics?  Here is the piece that I used.  For some reason I only seem to have 2 x FQ of this fabric so it is very precious since there isn’t much of it left, but what better way to preserve a piece than in my journal?

I cut a piece to fit in my journal then I fussy cut six of the black cats that were along the bottom of the FQ beyond the piece I had cut off.  I stuck the fabric piece down with matte medium, then started arranging the placement of my cats. (Personally I only have three black cats but wouldn’t six be lovely so long as they never got sick?)

Then I remembered I had some fabric leaves in my stash, so I fiddled about with the placement of the cats popping out from behind the leaves.  I used my neocolor IIs to colour the rest of the page green, and then used a black Pitt pen to make the stripey pattern around the edges.   I used a white pen to do some outlining, and drew some details on the stars, whiskers on the black cats, and eyes peeking out through the fence.  I also outlined the HAPPY HALLOWEEN to make it stand out more than it did.

Then to finish off the page I used some quotes from the TH Tiny Text Halloween stamp that I had already stamped out in bulk for multiple projects to come!  So now I have a little poem of sorts:

A strange thing happened
In the dead of night
Things are not what they seem
Happy Halloween

Here’s another photo of the page, this time sitting on top of my purple witch hat which is covered in bats and black cats, ready for October!

Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredients
my handmade journal, watercolour paper, gel medium, glue, white pen, black pen, Pitt artist pens, fabric, fabric leaves,neocolor II’s, Tim Holtz Tiny Text Halloween stamp, stazon ink, white card scraps,

Art Journal Journey The Colours of October – October ChallengeCountry View ChallengesAutumnal Colours/Halloween – October Challenge

LeighSBDesigns – 31 Days of Halloween Hop+Challenge 2021 – Day1

You might also like . . .

21 thoughts on “Things Are Not What They Seem

1. Rachel Fisher says:

Fabulous autumnal/halloween make! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs Rachel xx

2. Corrie says:

Great Halloween project ! Love the colours. Thank you so much for your contribution to my challenge “autumnal colours/Halloween” over at Country View Challenges! Corrie x

3. Jean says:

Elle you are so creative with your material and putting it altogether. Are you going to wear the hat for Halloween? Please tell Mr. G that I don’t like going to the Drs. either although I don’t scratch about it. I hope he will be ok.

4. pearshapedchris says:

How absolutely brilliant Elle! That fabric is super giving the white outliners really does make an amazing difference. Hope all goes well with Mr G. Thanks for this fabulous page that you linked to AJJ, Hugs, Chrisx

Poor Mr. G. Mr. Pete doesn’t like the vet either. At least dogs don’t scratch and bite you the way kitties do. Hope your injuries also heal quickly. And this page is amazing Elle. This is my kind of Halloween. Those cats are adorable. And they are perfect colors for Tracey’s challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Happy Saturday too! hugs-Erika

6. Meggymay says:

A fabulous piece of fabric and a great way to keep it safe for the future made into a journal page. Thank you for linking to traceys new theme at AJJ and for the inspiration you have shared.
    Yvonne x

7. WendyK says:

A fabulous page with your fabric, and yes I did think you might have a stash of Halloween fabric. Love what you did with it. I hope Mr G is OK, we are just back from Cornwall and our three cats were really pleased to see us. We have one black one and two ginger and white.

8. Tee says:

I love the fabric too, with the beautiful fall colors. And the way you altered it with the cats peeping out from behind the leaves is so cute! I hope Mr G gets well soon too!

9. Tracey says:

I hope all goes well with those results, it’s not easy when our fur babies have to go visit the vet.. Glad you took some time out to de-stress and create this super fabric page.
    What a precious piece it is with those striking Halloween cats all doing their own thing, I especially love the one peeping with his mask. A grand display of October, thanks so much for sharing @ Art Journal Journey.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

Sorry to read about Mr. G. I hope he is better soon and you are less stressed, too. I love your choice of fabrics for this journal entry, Elle. Your use of those black cats was brilliant. It’s so much fun to see the lovely cats amid the pumpkins. This is an ideal entry for Tracey’s theme at Art Journal Journey. Beautiful fabric. too.