Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  Today I am sharing (yet) another art journal page for the August challenge over on Art Journal Journey which this month is Type chosen by this month’s host, the lovely Neet.  You can probably tell by the number of pages that I have done so far, that I love this challenge and I love TYPE.  This page started out with a lot of collage using a lot of random elements and these eyes saved from a magazine – I’ve been wanting to use them on a page for a few months now and finally have a page where they fit.So I have lots of types of elements on the page, including those with different types of type lol.  From the top left – gel printed numbers, duck egg blue dictionary fabric, a header card from some socks I think, more gel printed numbers, twinings teabag sachets, some pieces of packaging from a Dylusions journal with alphabets printed on it, more gel printed numbers and another piece of dictionary fabric, this time in brown.  I really like the different fonts and print sizes used on the Jack Wills kraft card on the top right and I’m a little sad that a lot of it got covered up in the end, along with the little white teacup on the Twinings wrapper – do you see it below to the left of the coconut? At least the coconut “cup” is still visible!Once everything was stuck down, I used a homemade stencil and some white acrylic on top of the collage, and left it to dry. It took a while as some of the stencilling is quite thick and textured.  It’s giving me a snowy vibe like she’s peeking through a snow-covered window, not really what I want to think about in summer but that’s all I see lol.Then I finished off the page with some Tim Holtz gold sticker words which read:  NOTE TO SELF:  REMEMBER YOU ARE LOVED in this handy sans serif typeface and some journaling in black which I also used to edge the pages.Since it’s Tuesday I do actually have some real live tea drinking to share…A friend sent me this Pukka variety pack, the day to night collection, and it just happens to contain one of my favourites, the After Dinner tea.  The main flavours of this tea are fennel, roasted chicory and cardamom – I do love cardamom!  Hope you enjoyed the page and find the teas interesting, challenge info is below as usual.  Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredientswatercolour paper, my usual journal, collage materials, gel prints, gesso, cardboard stencil, packaging, fabric, word stickers, stabilo all, black pen, white pen, paint pen, gel medium,

Art Journal Journey – Type – August ChallengeT Stands For Tuesday – T stands for tasty After Dinner tea and recycling Twinings tea wrappers You might also like . . .

Thanks for visiting today. Your comment is really appreciated.

18 thoughts on “Note to Self: Remember You Are Loved

1. C.J. says:

I enjoyed the process of putting your page together. Interesting tea blend. I always think of cardamom as sophisticated cinnamon. Happy T Day

2. Lisca Meijer says:

Thanks for your comment. Yes, Amazon was the first place I looked. They were the cheapest. I’m with Prime España and they had lots of Pukka teas, but not that one. So I have to pay postage and that is 10 euros. (free delivery for orders over 59 euros)

3. Lisca Meijer says:

That is a great journal page! I love the eyes.
    You got me going with that Pukka tea selection. The After Dinner Tea sounds like something I’d love! I went online and it is available but the postage is between 10 and 20 dollars, so for one packet of tea that is not within my price range. I will have to ask my sister to bring me some from the UK when she comes to Spain.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

Thanks Lisca. Are you able to order it from amazon? I would recommend getting a box of the After Dinner tea rather than the selection, if you like that flavour. The day to night selection has a tea with lavender in it and that is not my favourite.

4. Sharon Madson says:

I loved seeing how you put your journal page together. I like the saying on it. We should all remember that. Happy T day.

I absolutely love your journal page. It is beautiful and I love that you recycled so many things, too. It fits beautifully with Neet’s theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Elle. I really like the quote you used.

That tea looks beautiful. I am a big fan of dark tea, too. Thanks for sharing your art and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

Your journal layout is fabulous! I love all the colors, textures and elements that your have added.
    I recently bought this brand of tea for the first time recently. The cardamom sound like a delicious ingredient! I will have to keep an eye out for this flavor.

7. Jan says:

Great artwork and I love the colours you’ve used, vibrant colours on the second page. Made me smile at Pukka tea, to me that means real tea, not sure about the flavours as I don’t like cardamom at all.
    happt T Day
    jan

8. Jo - Let's Art Journal says:

Beautiful collage page! I love how you recycled the papers and collaged them together with the stenciling – gorgeous ?. I’d be happy to join you today for a cuppa too! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

9. Nancy Williams says:

Elle, that tea looks and sound interesting and fun. Always good to get gifts like that! Your journal page is fabulous – love the eyes, the texture, and the encouraging words. Lovely. Happy T-day!

I love your latest page with those eyes peeking out at us. And I did see a twining tea bag on it too-before it got covered in the art process. This is perfect for Neet’s challenge so thanks for sharing this. And your tea sounds interesting. I also like cardamon. It has such an interesting flavor. Hope you are having a lovely T day Elle. Hugs-Erika

11. Neet Hickson says:

Those eyes do, indeed, look as if they are peering through a snowy covered window. Might just be the thing though to look at on a hot summer’s day – it might have the effect of cooling you down a little. Whatever it does, it pleases the eye. Lots of text there, all so different and different colours too. Love the eyes! All makes up for a lovely journal page to fit my theme at AJJ. Thanks for another great idea. Glad you are enjoying it.
    Hugs, Neet xx