Hello friends,

Happy Tuesday!  Hope your week has been good so far.  Today I have a short post to share another art journal page, and some tea with the Tea Gang.

today’s journal page . . .

Today’s journal spread is another Halloween fabric page, but this time I decided to do some drawing on top of it to change it up a bit.

Here’s how it started out…

I started by drawing on first one cat, then another and I was going to stop at three, but then I drew a couple more and decided that was probably enough 🙂

After I finished the cats, I wondered what they were all looking at and thought it had to be the moon, so I drew around a candle tin and painted in a big white moon.  Then Just to fill in some space and make it more interesting, I drew in some branches on either side.

I added the features to the cats in white, and did some white outlining to help things stand out a bit more, and then I wrote some words around the outside of the moon with a black pen.  It’s not a quote, well it is now, from me, it just popped into my head as I was looking at the cats.  Last thing to do was stamp the date on my page and take some photos.  This one was done late on Thursday night, before the heating broke and I didn’t get a chance to post it at the time.

t stands for . . .

As it’s Tuesday, I am also sharing this post with the Tea Gang and here is my contribution for this week – it’s Halloween Tea!

It’s a Sri Lankan black tea, with spices (ginger, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, orange peel, clove, black pepper), and little sugar bats and pumpkin shapes in it. The flavour is mainly ginger and chai-type flavour with a hint of orange.  The little sugar bats and pumpkins dissolve in hot water and spookily disappear in your mug like Halloween apparitions. Enjoy!

Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredients
my handmade journal, watercolour paper, fabric, matte medium, glue, white pen, black pen, paint pens

Art Journal Journey The Colours of October – October Challenge – orange and black!

SSS Monday ChallengeSpooky/Halloween (entry #37)

SSS Wednesday ChallengeNot a Card (entry #85)

Try it on Tuesday – Halloween Time – October challenge

LeighSBDesigns – 31 Days of Halloween Hop+Challenge 2021 – Day 19

Altered Book Lover – T Stands for – Spicy Halloween tea, sugar pumpkins and cats gazing at the moon!

You might also like . . .

Thanks for visiting today. Your comment is really appreciated.

22 thoughts on “They Come To Gaze At The Moon, The Moon Gazes Back

1. Jo - Let's Art Journal says:

Such wonderful Halloween pages! I love the fabric background and how you added the cats gazing at the moon with the wording you added – perfect ?. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

2. Tammy A says:

What a gorgeous Halloween page! I love the cats with the white details, beautiful fabric background! Your tea sounds delicious, cute sugar bits! Thanks so much for joining us over at Try it on Tuesday!
    Tammy x

3. Meggymay says:

Elle, this is an awesome journal page, you have a a wonderful selection of fabrics to use as your page base layers. I loved the cats with the long whiskers you gave them. Thank you for another super page linked to the AJJ theme.
    Yvonne

4. Jan s says:

Lovely artwork and halloween material , spooky sounding tea, disappearing bats and pumpkins
    have a great week
    jan

5. Nan says:

Goodness but these kitties looking up at the moon with that fabulous quote are fantastic! The fabric is so cool and I wish this page could be found on fabric!! How great that would be! The tea is SPOOKtacular!! Love the idea of those little sugar bits disappearing like magic!

You gave us an absolutely amazing journal entry today, Elle. I love the cats especially and the fabric background makes it even better. Those spooky trees are really clever. It’s a wonderful entry for Tracey’s theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Your Sri Lanka black tea sounds wonderful. I love all those spices that are in it, too. Thanks for sharing your awesome art and your Sri Lanka tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Elle.

7. Kathyinozarks says:

Good morning-I love your fabric page and the art work you added-awesome! Your tea sounds perfect for October Happy T wishes

This fabric is cute but even cuter with those cats and the trees Mia. And the big moon of course. What a fun page in your journal, and also it is a fun entry to Tracey’s AJJ challenge. Thanks for joining in. And those sugar shapes in your tea is also a lot of fun. I have never seen that. Now I hope you have a spooky mug to drink it in. Hope you’re having a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

9. Nancy Williams says:

So far you win the most interesting drink for this week’s T-day! I want to try it.

LOVE your journal creation – those cats are fabulous!!!! So fun!

Happy T-day, Elle!!!