Hello friends, and Happy Tuesday!

Wow it’s the end of November already!  This month seems to have flown by so fast, not sure if it’s because I’ve been making and posting every day or if it’s just that time of year where it really starts to speed up the closer we get to Christmas. Today is St Andrew’s Day, the patron saint of Scotland, and I did have something planned for that day but then I forgot about it, so that’s a tad annoying lol.  So firstly some exciting news that one of my projects from last week was chosen for the Designer Spotlight over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  It was announced on the blog yesterday but I only saw it this morning, so that was a lovely surprise.

today’s art . . .

Today I am sharing a pair of tags I made from the same Boots gift guide I picked up yesterday.  This time I couldn’t resist the hanging mistletoe on the front cover and the paper was lovely and thick too.

This pair of tags are today’s offering for Day 30 of Art Every Day Month.  Thanks to Leah for hosting AEDM, I really didn’t think I was going to be able to create something every day but I managed.  I also loved seeing what everyone else created this month, it was a lot of fun.  If you missed any November AEDM posts so far – check them out in the slider below.

The base for my tags is of course the front cover of the Boots magazine shown above.  I stuck them onto some amazon cardboard to make them more robust.

I found some bits and pieces in my stash including the die cut Harris Tweed poinsettias from last year (!) but I needed something else so I cut some of these Tim Holtz Mini Holiday Greens and then watercoloured them.

There is a lot of Wink of Stella on these tags, especially on the mistletoe but I had a hard time trying to get it to show up in our current daylight/weather situation.  Green and red stickles glitter were added to the leaves and berries also.

I sewed the Harris Tweed and the red glass beads and green felt leaves together and then glued them onto the tag with some of the Holiday Greens and a few other little bits I found in my stash, including these little silver glitter diecut leftovers.
I edged the tags with some gold acrylic paint and added this gold fringe ribbon from the stash and then it was time to try and take some decent photos on a day with very bad visibility.  My secret weapon is my SAD lamp!

t stands for . . .

T stands for tea gifts and I’m really glad I was able to get these in time for Christmas posting this year.  I actually saw them last year but it was too late to order them in time to send them to my friend and then I was going to get one for myself and they went out of stock!  So this year I spotted them in amazon’s BF sale and grabbed one for me and one to post off tomorrow.  I thought I would open mine so I could show you what’s inside – you can also see another disgusting-looking smoothie in the process of being consumed and my tags after I had just cut them from the magazine.

So the Pukka Days of Christmas comes in this nice little sealed wallet

It contains 24 different types of Pukka teabags with numbers at the top of each one so you can open them and drink them in order, like an advent calendar.

The numbers are randomly placed so you have to look for them, they are not 1-24 from top to bottom.

Here’s a closer look so you can see what I mean.  I think my friend will love it and as a bonus it’s really nice and light for posting!   Hope you enjoyed today’s post, can’t believe it’s December tomorrow!  I’ll be round to visit everyone after I’ve had some food.  Let me know what you think in the comments.   As always, thanks for reading!Ingredients

Boots Christmas Gift Guide magazine, amazon box cardboard, Harris Tweed, eco felt, Sizzix/TH dies – Holiday greens, poinsettia, red and green stickles, wink of stella, Liquitex gold acrylic ink,  silver glitter stars and snowflakes,

Art Every Day MonthDay 30
Altered Book Lover – T Stands for – tags, tea advent calendar, designer spotlight,

Tag TuesdayUse the first letter of your first name – 30th November Challenge – E stands for evergreens

Tag Tuesday Blog button
SSS Monday ChallengeSparkle Mode – 29th November Challenge – gold acrylic paint, wink of stella, gold fringe ribbon, red and green stickles, shiny red glass beads, silver glitter stars and snowflakes,

You might also like these November posts days 1-30 . . .

26 thoughts on “T Stands For Joy Tags, Tea Gifts And Designer Spotlight For Day 30

1. pearshapedchris says:

I love your tags – great recycling! I don’t know what to say about your Tea Advent calendar – except I hope you enjoy it . I don’t drink tea. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

2. Patricia O'Hagan says:

Wow Elle I love your tags! So much texture and colour. I need to go get one of those Boots catalogues!! I am also loving the Pukka calendar, my daughter would thank me for it for sure!! Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
    Pinky

Thanks Pinky, yes go find one, they are always disappearing but I was lucky and there was a big stack of them when I was there last. The Pukka Tea Advent Calendar is fab isn’t it!

3. NatureFootstep says:

lol, that is one cool clender for christmas. Love it even f I rarely drink tea.
    Love your tags. So colorful and happy in a way. Beautiful! And thanks for visiting during AEDM 🙂

4. Valerie-Jael says:

Hi Elle, love your beautiful tags, so pretty, and E for evergreens is great, too! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday! BIG congratulations on being honoured at Simon says! The tea calendar is fun, I wonder if they have similar ones for coffee? have a safe day, hugs, Valerie

5. Nancy Williams says:

Congrats on being selected at Simon Says – your ATCs are gorgeous so that is no surprize. Your tags from that boots magazine are super creative and gorgeous as well. Fab art, Elle. That tea advent calendar is a wonderful gift for a tea lover – she will be totally thrilled! Happy T-day! Hugz

Love your re-purposed tags from the magazine. You decorated them perfectly!
    I have never heard of a tea advent calendar but now I want one. I am going to search around for one of these.

What a fabulous way to end AEDM, to share T Tuesday, and to honor a friend with some love and tea. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous tags and the amazing Advent tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear Elle. And thanks for making AEDM fun for me this year, dear.

8. Alison Hall says:

A stunning pair of festive tags Elle, and congratulations on the recognition for those gorgeous ATCs.
    My SIL sent us a Pukka advent calendar, can’t wait to open it up now!
    Happy final AEDM!
    Alison

9. Iris Flavia says:

Congrats on the Spotlight!!!
    And those are beautiful tags. LOL, the smoothie looks fine too me!

Nice idea hanging the teabags like that! Here (as far as I´ve seen) you only get them in a normal tea-box, numbered boringly 1-24.

Yes, uhhh, time so runs!! Happy T-Day to you xx

10. Erika says:

Those tags are amazing and perfect for the last day of AEDM. I cannot believe it is already the end of November, which this year was not its usual quiet self. And that tea set/ calendar is amazing. You could have one a day like an advent calendar right up to Christmas eve, which would be super. I didn’t even look for anything like that and now I wish I had. Hope its been a wonderful last day of the month. Hugs-Erika

11. Linda K says:

Congrats on the SSS feature Elle!! Your tag art is all gorgeous! I love those greenery dies. That Pukka advent calendar is unique and one I would enjoy over the other typical ones. Thanks for sharing, and happy T day!

12. Kathyinozarks says:

Good morning, your tag is gorgeous! I love them, and congrats too.
    Unique tea gift-loving it too Happy T wishes Kathy